ACW Meeting April 19 at 7pm
ACW May Agenda:
Recent ACW events March 26th: ACW Artisans Sale as part of the Reading Symphony Orchestra Concert – ACW Members Sale
Upcoming ACW events in June, see more info / Call to Artists further below:
“From the Ground Up” Art Show. Hosted by the ACW at ACE Building
Art Show at the Melrose Beebe Estate. Hosted by the ACW at the Beebe Estate
2023 Calendar Events: See 2023 list below
Mailing List and Newsletter: Andy and Emily are co-chairing this ACW new focus area
Updates from Andy and Emily
Website and Instagram updates/reminders
Update your ACW Website content – send any updates to Joy email@example.com
Jamie is always happy to receive artwork to post on the ACW Instagram account; pls send to her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Request: 80$ to cover the balance of the 360$ Galvin Rental Fee – submitted by Kathy Frey
Starting balance $ 493
March Galvin rental fee: $ 80
New Ending balance: $ 413
‘Round the Room’ – Art Events and Happenings updates
After Meeting Discussion Forum Topic:
April: Social Media for Artists with David Kay and Joanne Jolly Kay
Upcoming ACW Events:
June: ACW hosted Art Show at ACE Building Link to more information
Subcommittee: Joy, Andrea, Tanya, and Joanne
Theme/Show Name: “From the Ground Up“
Exact open dates are TBD, but will likely be many Friday nights and Saturdays in June
Open to ACW members and local artists
June: ACW Show at the Beebe Estate in Melrose. The Beebe Estate has monthly art exhibits featuring local artists.
The Arts Collaborative of Wakefield is pleased to host the monthly exhibit for the Beebe Estate Gallery in Melrose for the month of June. Read on for more info on the event.
Please confirm your interest back to Andy Levine and Kathy Frey.
We’ll send out more details as they firm up in the coming weeks.
Show Name: Arts Collaborative of Wakefield at the Beebe Estate
Location: 235 West Foster Street, Melrose
Theme: None (Open Gallery approach)
· Event fee: 10$ per ACW artist
· Opening reception contributions (food, beverages, and/or a nominal fee) are TBD
· Opening Reception: Friday, 6/2, 6:30 – 8:30.
· Show Dates: Saturdays: 6/3, 6/10, 6/17, 6/24
· Will need 2-3 hosts per Saturday. (hosts are from the pool of participating artists)
Beebe Estate exhibit space and Saturday show selling logistics
· 3 rooms and a hallway with hanging systems
· 3 mantle pieces can be used to exhibit work include 3D pieces
· The Beebe takes 10% of all sales.
· Artwork must stay up for duration of the show.
· On Saturdays: Artists who are hosting can setup tables with additional work of theirs (that is not in the show for the month) that is for sale on the Saturday. Building has tables to use (need to confirm), but all additional work must be removed when artist leaves that day – cannot keep tables up during the week
· 5/31, Wed
· Drop off from 3 – 5pm
· Show Set up from 5 – 9
· Artists to create their own labels
Pick Up: Saturday, 6/24, after 3pm